Before you can build an excellent game, you must have an excellent design.
With 26 years in the interactive entertainment industry, 8 of them at Electronic Arts and Bullfrog Productions, I specialize in creating:
- Exciting, well-balanced gameplay
- Crisp, uncluttered user interfaces
- Rich, three-dimensional characters and believable plots
Clear, thorough, and unambiguous design documents
- Practical, buildable designs — no impossible ideas or big changes halfway through
Whether you need a full-scale design for a game or just one area to be fleshed out, I'll do it for you efficiently and affordably. I can work alone or in concert with other people, and I can help tailor your design to your available resources and your team's strengths.
Modern game design requires a variety of documents for
different purposes. I can work with you to create:
- High concept statements (2-3 pages to generate initial discussion)
- Position papers (10-20 pages, to propose a game to a publisher or your own management)
- Full-scale design documents (50 pages and up, for your team to work from)
- Audio and video recording scripts
- Backstory, character backgrounds, dialog, manuals — see the Creative Writing page
I'm interested in a wide range of genres, including:
(RTS or turn-based)
Games for girls
I design for hardware of all kinds, from handhelds to massively multiplayer online games. Send me E-mail and let's talk.
[Up] to Consulting.